If you believed a word out of Donald Trump's mouth over the last 16 months, you have been deceived. Don't believe me? That's fine. I know how difficult it is to see outside the bullshit bubble the GOP has created having once been a Tea Party Republican myself. However, "the truth can set you free!"
The following is a short list of facts about President Obama's administration's success over the last 8 years. Because I know that your propaganda addled brain will SCREAM at you that this can't possibly be true, I have included my sources as well. You can use these sources and the facts contained therein to dispel the very uncomfortable feeling known as cognitive dissonance (which means having beliefs that are inconsistent with the truth and trying to maintain those beliefs despite the facts to the contrary). Everything Donald Trump said about the economy, immigration, healthcare and defense was based on an imaginary, post apocalyptic hell scape that he invented to scare you into voting for him. The sad thing is, it worked. So, in this "post truth/fact" era, as many people have described it, I'm going to spend way more time sharing facts in an effort to disabuse people of their incorrect ideas about our already great nation and it's current and *shudder* future leader.
- Today's job numbers showed unemployment at 4.6% down from 4.9% the previous month (it was almost 11% when Obama too office; Romney said he'd get unemployment to 6% in his first term, Obama stomped all over that). -Click here for source-
- The economy as a whole has been improving for 78 straight months, we are in the longest period of private sector job growth in this countries history. -Click here for source-
- The stock market continues to set new records. The Dow Jones Industrial averages reached an all-time high of 18,292 in May, 2015. Since most Americans have 401K retirement investments in the stock market, this growth benefits millions of middle class Americans. -Click here for source-
- Despite the loud (and completely false) claims to the contrary, government spending has increased only 3.3% annually, the lowest rate since Eisenhower was president. And the budget deficit (created by Republican policies like the Bush Tax Cuts) has been slashed by 2/3rds. -Click here for source- -2nd source- -3rd source-
- For 95% of American taxpayers, income taxes are as low or lower than they were at almost any point in the last 50 years. -Click here for source-
- Dependence on foreign oil has shrunk due to record domestic oil production and improved fuel efficiency standards. -Click here for source-
- Almost 18 MILLION citizens have health insurance that were previously uninsured AND The Affordable Care Act has added years to the life of Medicare. The Medicare trust fund had been on course to run out of money by the end of 2016. But due to cost savings from the Affordable Care Act and lower healthcare expenses, Medicare’s trust fund will now remain stable until the year 2030 without cutting benefits. -Click here for source- -2nd source-
- We currently have fewer soldiers, sailors, and airmen in war zones than we did at any time in the last 12 years. Additionally, there have been zero successful attacks by al Qaeda on US soil since Obama became president. -Click here for source-
- We now successfully catch and deport more illegal immigrants than ever before. -Click here for source-
Despite the unprecedented obstructionism and record number of filibusters used by Republicans to kill even the most routine legislation, the fact remains that the American people are profoundly better off today than they were before President Obama took office, in almost every measurable way. Period.